Old 08-15-2019, 06:38 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
Again, Sully the all knowing God of Aviation just because the landed a jet on a river that was essentially calm.

Pfft!
Originally Posted by e6bpilot View Post
Yes. Saint Sully knows best about all things aviation related.
I appreciate that he has provided a positive face to our profession and was a big part in getting 121 passed as well as the 1500 hour rule, but come on....
Stay in your lane, bro.
The guy did have some pretty serious aviation safety credentials, going back a long ways, before the Hudson thing. The notoriety actually just appears to have given him a pulpit to talk about something which he already had professional expertise in. And generally to our benefit, what's not to like.

Short term, sim training will be costly. Long term, lack of sim training will probably not help boeing and FAA recover their good names. Sim training might even save lives at some point although I tend to agree that a lot of added redundancy plus crew awareness will probably prevent any more accidents.

And I get that after a career at US he probably needs to make a few bucks in the process. West coast guy started at PSA, I think he probably got just about every shaft that US had to offer.