View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 10:16 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
I will take minor exception to this one small point. I don’t think the design was to inflict pain.....the design was to maximize profits by reducing credit and increase productivity. Granted,the end result may inflict pain....which is what pilots are concerned with....increasing profits is what the company cares about

Not trying to quibble with your overall post.....but the way it reads it sounds “nefarious” by management and, IMHO, not quite accurate
Obviously I don't think the "pain" was a design feature simply to create itself for its own virtues. But it was 100% intentional and done without any regard whatsoever for any downline consequences and whatever collateral damage was 100% pre justified.

IMO at this point its way, way beyond diminishing returns, but the only concern is how many pennies can we squeeze at any non monetary cost. When we talk about profits, its easy to conflate it as an all or nothing issue. Its great we're very profitable. But that doesn't hinge on piling one more penny on top regardless of what it takes to find that penny. There's a balance and at least for some fleets one side of the scale is in the dirt.

Everyone wants more PS and corresponding company success. But the recent MEC update really highlights how bad some things have gotten. IMO we could see measureable QOL gains for very, very, very little drop in profits.