View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 05:47 PM
Omniscient
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Originally Posted by Qotsaautopilot View Post
The company can withhold an additional 3% of scheduled flying for IOE/OE 25.B.1. It doesn’t say what type of trips.

So I’ll ask again. Is the flying not being withheld before the navblue pbs bid and your trips are being denied in your bid because they are going to training, or do the trips not exist in the navblue pairing packet because they were withheld for training?

If they were withheld prior to navblue it’s completely legal per the contract and is not new. The company can withhold whatever 5% and another 3% of flying for IOE/OE that they want. This is so that the check airman don’t bid regular lines and then the company has to buy the FO off everyone of their trips. Sure would be nice but that is something we never had here at Spirit at least since I’ve been here.

If you want to stipulate what type of flying the company can withhold in their 5+3% withholding then we need to negotiate that because it’s certainly not in the language now.

I feel the pain and I’ve always thought check airmen should bid in the regular bid and FOs get bought off to add the pilot doing IOE/OE. Put that in the bucket of priorities that’s filling up quick. I’m all for complaining but you sound like you are complaining about something happening that isn’t legal which to my knowledge isn’t the case but I could be wrong.
MEC will meet with the training department management to find a solution to help respect seniority while getting their trips covered. So it’s being followed up with; MEC passed a resolution on it. No reason to just wait until next go around