Thread: Mesa 3.0
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 11:11 PM
s3cLyfe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
It’s tacky to get into a pi$$ing contest over something that none of us have any control over. The senior partner in the codeshare agreement is reliably going to whipsaw the junior partners, it allows them to hold down expenses. Part of holding down those expenses is creating situations that compel pilots to restart their seniority which helps to hold down their personnel expenses. None of us should be rooting for the other side to be placed in that situation.

In a fair world anyone judged qualified to carry the codeshare’s pax would get a seniority number with the senior partner they would take with them to that major, but that’s NOT GONNA HAPPEN because bringing in OTS hires - especially retired military - allows them to keep the average seniority lower and saves them on payroll.

From time to time any of us might get screwed over by the whipsaw, and unless the RLA is changed we can’t stop that, but let’s not root for it to happen for any group. The other pilot group is not the enemy.
I’m not rooting for/against anyone. I agree with your post and it’s an unfortunate reality. I am just stating the facts and adding an observation as to why compass thinks that. I also say that I could’ve said it in a less sarcastic manner