View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 06:25 AM
Turbine1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by Diesel8 View Post
Well, since "all is lost" for lack of a better term, can we stop paying the ridiculous assessment that we have been paying for close to half a decade that has netted us zip, zero, squat! Thousands paid with absolutely NOTHING to show for it.

If we did that at least we would be able to put something back in our pockets.

If the Union cronies tell us they still need it, I think it's time for:

D E C E R T.
Decert of Teamsters is a wet dream for the company. The 17 articles that are already TA’d and the 7 that are in progress go in the trash and back to square one. 3.5 years of progress down the tubes, and everything not TA’d AGAIN with another union goes to the arbitrators desk too.

I agree that the track record of the union in court and major arbitrations has not been the best, but not from lack of effort. One has to allow that the deck is completely stacked in managements favor in those arenas. “What would Christmas be without Amazon!?” and other such BS comes to mind.

I don’t believe an arbitrator can force the union to give up the joint seniority list. He can’t impose a fine like in a contempt of court charge if the union disregards the ruling. Amazon and DHL’s plans are totally derailed without a SOC between Atlas and Southern and the route authorities that brings to the table. The smart play would be to withhold the joint seniority list until a industry leading CBA is signed sealed and delivered. No CBA so forget about getting a joint seniority list and a SOC. End result, no DHL and Amazon partnership. That new CVG 1.5 billion dollar Prime Air hub can just gather dust until Atlas signs on the line that is dotted. Atlas new masters will have no choice but to demand it gets done and right now.

At any rate nothing has been announced and now is not the time to abandon ship whatever the outcome.

Last edited by Turbine1; 08-19-2019 at 07:10 AM.