View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 07:24 PM
graybeard
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by full of luv View Post
If you want to be flexible in your destinations during non-rev.....don't check luggage, or only gate check at least after your cleared.
Ha, thanks for your response.
I've only been doing this for almost 50 years now. You would think I would know, wouldn't ya? It's just that it has changed so much over the last 20 especially; I can't keep up.
But yes of course, we always travelled with just a carry on in the past so the checked bag issue didn't come up very often. But now; just when you need to be as flexible as possible we find ourselves wanting to check a bag. Some how as you get older, you have more "stuff" to bring.
But also at this time we are trying to be more flexible with our destination because of the loads but if you check a bag, that becomes more of a complication than a relief. I guess I just wish they had it delineated somewhere.
Also for the last poster; the company is giving mixed signals regarding checked bags to domestic destinations. I kind of wish now they would hang on to the bag so you could go somewhere else.
Oh well I think this is basically just an old fart problem but would love some written info from them (the company).
Again thanks for any info I can get.