View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 09:38 AM
Southerner
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by jamesholzhauer View Post
Pushing the limits of the CBA? You serious Clark? What the company did was a clear violation of the mutually agreed upon CBA. Deciding not to work on days off is NOT a violation of the CBA or the law. It’s a personal choice. If coordinated it can be illegal. But I’m not advocating for that (I haven’t really advocated for anything, just shooting holes in these FUD campaigns). You’re comparing apples to oranges to fit your pro-company, anti-pilot narrative that you normally have. Shocker.
An individual deciding to not work on a day off isn't illegal. People on web boards giving people crap for signing up for VDAs, and attempting to drive behavior is. It's fairly simple. Sure, it's a mild illegal job action, but it's still technically illegal.

I'm not excusing the company's behavior with regard to the CBA. If I were in charge, I would demand the same level of respect that I expect from my peers. I just think it's interesting that people defend/encourage violations if it's in their interest, and scream bloody murder if it's the company working against them.

Principles shouldn't change depending upon the individual's point of view.