View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 12:44 PM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by jamesholzhauer View Post
They. Never. Paid. It. I used my words earlier “paid out” carefully. Just because it was upheld doesn’t mean it was paid.

The fine went away in the subsequent negotiations. Whether or not it affected the CBA is debatable (despite likeitis saying otherwise). There’s a lot more than that fine that went into that round of negotiations.

And here’s the bigger point since you guys are missing the forest for the trees. There have been a LOT more unofficial alleged work actions that haven’t faced (or lost with any consequence) any lawsuits (recent example something like SPA chokers website). The example you brought up was a VERY egregious work action...it wasn’t a matter of people not picking up open time on their days off...it was a coordinated sick out.

I’m not advocating any illegal work actions now or in the future. In fact I discouraged them during our negotiations in my conversations with people about the subject. But I’m also not going to spread FUD, or allow FUD to be spread by guys like you, uncontested. If guys get tired of being abused day after day, and they happen to be in a labor dispute, and they don’t want to pick up trips anymore when historically they have...there is no judge in the world who can make them change their mind and go to work on a day off. But you keep spreading fear about stuff like that.

So are you management? Do you work for F&H?
Agreed......