Thread: G4 vs F9
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 06:12 PM
SuperSteveEMB
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by Outnback View Post
Howdy,

Posting this to ask a few questions from the G4 guys really since I don’t personally know any like I do at F9.

I have offers from both companies, and I have a class date sooner with G4 than F9. I could beat a dead horse with base questions and whatnot, but that’s not what I’m particularly interested in.

Are you guys happy at G4?

How is the maintenance? Serious question. I don’t know if the media portrayal was accurate or not but It’d be nice to know how the guys (girls) flying the line feel.

Is safety culture a thing at G4? (Fatigue callouts, Chief Pilot backing you up, etc)

How is the management/pilot relationship?

Do junior line holders get more than minimum days off?

Would you suggest coming here, or would you do something else? Mind you I am a relatively inexperienced pilot and only can choose LCC or stay at my current regional.

Lastly, would you expect growth significant enough for a new hire to see the left seat if they chose to within the next 5 years? (Obviously very opinion based).

My goal is to either be at a place I can happily spend a career at or at least build a good enough resume to be competitive in the event it doesn’t work out. I am moving to base regardless of the company.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Well based on your name being “Outnback” might be a Freudian Slip? Not sure how many F9 has of those compared to G4. I interviewed in SFB and there was a F9 guy interviewing if that tells you anything? Just saying... I assume maybe incorrectly you interviewed and met with both interview teams on their property face to face? What one felt right... think Matthew mcconaughey. Not sure I would make a career changing decision by asking the same ten guys that post the same negative or positive about a company which you should pick. Grow up son..Didn’t you do research and ask questions at both interviews? Best of luck... paralysis by analysis so maybe neither is the best choice..