Thread: Job offer lost

GuardPolice , 08-24-2019 03:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off
GuardPolice
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2018
Quote: Pretty much everyone here could have told you this. I’m glad my career airline doesn’t do all of this.

We have a great group of pilots who are safe and professional. We found these people without all the psycho babble BS. Who knew?

I’m not knocking Delta pilots. I have friends over there, but if you think doing math problems on one screen, while playing a game of pong on the other is going to determine whether one is a good pilot, I really don’t know what to tell you.

While it sounded like it was Delta all along, I didn’t want to assume it was and then be made a fool if it wasn’t. I don’t know enough about the other AA's and UAL's processes so I asked him to verify.

You hold a commonly incorrect view of Delta's selection process. It’s not about if you’re a good pilot; frankly they wouldn’t invite people to interview if they thought otherwise. It’s all about preparation. This entire process exists to test preparation and to see what kind of person you are outside of flying. Delta is confident enough in their training department to mold a NH into the type of pilot they want.

As with any company’s selection process, good people fall through the cracks. Every airline has had this occur, even one's without all “the psycho babble BS.” It doesn’t mean they are unworthy it's just proof no process is perfect. However, a highly subjective process has to be made highly objective to prevent the illusion of favoritism. History has shown some people can get trigger happy with lawsuits. To combat that, a points system is instituted so data can be used to justify hiring or not hiring a person.

Delta's convinced their process works and that is proven by the fact that it hasn’t changed for many years and has been used to hire thousands upon thousands of employees. I know it sounds curt, but it’s their method so one has to the play game as the price of admission.

GP