View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 08:20 AM
graybeard
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by detpilot View Post
I had exactly the same issue. They told me on the pass travel line that my bags would not go unless I get on the plane (domestic). I had her confirm multiple times, ensuring that she knew I meant for domestic travel. She insisted. I didn't get on, bags went anyway. I also asked how to get my bag... "that's up to ops"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Yes!
This is one of the issues I'm trying to figure out.
When I asked where to get my bag after not getting on; I was told "at the counter", twice (like it was a scripted response). I finally asked them "what counter?" and they could not answer.
Trying to travel with a checked bag has become a major problem , now that we don't always get where we had planned to go OR by the route we had intended.
I am surprised that the company has no written policy on this and that more people aren't running in to the issues that I have witnessed and experienced.
It was fine back in the 70's, even the 80's when we actually used to get where we were going most of the time (on the day we set out to) but now it's a different world AND when you're retired your odds of getting there are can I say; stratospheric, or at least "not good".
I will write them again to ask if they could put out some written guidelines/policy on this but for some reason they don't listen to me.