Thread: Reserve QOL
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 02:10 PM
Omniscient
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Originally Posted by Super EZ E View Post
Move into base and life is good. Commute and it can suck the big one. If you live in base you can make serious $$$. The system can still be worked. We had an FO do 220 credit in one month (June). I can do 100 credit easy. If you know the work rules (Section 25) money is just hanging there for the taking. IE Move up, SIT, FDE, 200% reschedule and the best one the 0100 to 0400 5 hr bang! Or you can just get paid 72hrs and chill. Ask your buddies and at Airlines if they get the extras we have in our contract?
This post was so ridiculous, it has to be sarcasm.

You act like “reschedule into a red eye”, FDP extension, Sit pay, move up, etc are things the pilot can implement to make money. Well it isn’t, those are pay triggers when the system royalty screws the pilot. It’s not “hanging there for the taking”. This is not “working the system”. Are you serious? Nobody says “man, I’m going to make some extra money this month...I’m going to get rescheduled into 2 red eyes, do a 14 hour day requiring a FDP extension, and have the company make me sit at the airport after a turn to make money at 50% after 2 hours. Nobody says that.

As far as X and Y list, those are the 2 money making opportunities and if the company is going to staff like they say they are, reserve numbers are doubling and that will mean less calls for X and Y. Spirit will always run a little lean so there will be opportunities, but not at the unprecedented levels this summer. If they do, they get fired.