View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 01:35 PM
ShyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by hockeypilot44 View Post
How hard is it to change gyms? Right now I pay $30 per month for any LA fitness and I'll just pay walk-in fees ($10-$20) on the road for the dreaded 28 hour layover. This looks like a good deal, but I have a feeling switching gyms is a pain in the ass. I use 3 different LA fitnesses near my home. It's painless. Membership card on my phone and works anywhere.

This Active plan could be good, but I'm under the impression you can only have 1 specific club at a time and switching it requires reregistering at each individual club. I'm not willing to do that. I'll just keep paying. Probably spend about $60 per month as is.

Not my experience.

Got LA fitness for my LA home/base.

Went to family in MI and got enrolled in Anytime fitness and used that 3 weeks. Went to family in PA and got into the YMCA for 3 weeks. Now back in LA home using LA fitness.

No problem.

Scoop, why go through Delta? I looked at going through Alaska, but I found AAA to be best. 10% discount cash back after one year in. $25 one time enrollment fee, $25/month, 12 months is $325, and AAA will give you a $32.50 credit.

Active Fit Direct through AAA. Look it up for your AAA club. I got the benefit for SoCal AAA, but looks like it should be available for other AAA localities.