Thread: G4 vs F9
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 07:50 PM
astaz
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by 303flyboy View Post
Year 12 Capt, end of contract, Frontier is 270 / hour + 15% of your gross pay (DC) in your 401k. Year 4 FO my month is 18 days off with 116 credit. Anything over 82 hours credit pays 125% I’ll let you run the numbers. With respect but those two going to Allegiant where either pre contract or poolies sick and tired doing laps. I can’t think of one person (after the contract) who wants to leave. That being said, once comparing 6 figure jobs always always always choose your family, QOL and happiness first.

Congratulations and good luck !

Edit: Ps I think both in a good and bad economy both Allegiant and Frontier would be a good place to be. Again congratulations with your offers !
We had that honeymoon period too at G4 too. No one was going anywhere... NK got a contract... B6 got a contract... F9 got a contract... magically, we were bottom of the barrel.

Granted in a few years hopefully we’ll be top of the pile again when negotiations reopen, and I would say that DC 401k is inevitable and industry standard at this point.

It’s all a cycle, and for a few years G4 pilots made well more than the F9 guys. Each contract that gets negotiated and is better than ours is ultimately a benefit to the others in the long run.