Thread: ExpressJet 2.0
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 11:11 PM
itsmytime
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by DoSomePilotStuf View Post
So even with all of this turnover that so deeply concerns you there will be no opportunity for TPIC here for the next 14 years or whatever. I see the logic. Makes sense.

My number one concern going forward is the likelihood that United would just as soon bury XJT than engage in negotiations with such an unprofessional bunch of sissies. You do realize that a group of 20+ year regional pilots offers absolutely no value to the parent company. You folks are all gonna negotiate yourselves right out of a job!

At this point it makes more sense to just open an IAH and ORD base for Commutair and just dissolve XJT. Oh wait, what are those Commutair rumors?!

Everyone seems so certain I’m management so I guess you heard it hear first! Union spreads “truth” about XJT, XJT can’t meet hiring goals, XJT dissolves! Congrats oh fearless Union leaders!!

If you really want to keep people from coming here, I’ve got a better narrative for you: “Don’t come to XJT, when the next recession hits we are sure to be the first to go because we have such a top heavy pilot group weighing us down! And they want a friggin raise!”

First rule of negotiation, know your own value. XJT Union’s perception of the value of its own pilot group is VASTLY overinflated.
I used to think you were a pretty reasonable guy, but if you don’t think the pilots at xjt deserve a raise, then whatever your agenda is has certainly blinded you.

If you want a bunch of guys on the list behind you, any improvements xjt makes go towards fulfilling that goal