View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 04:58 PM
Elevation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
None of which will matter if everyone has quit. There will be no union to penalize.

It’s like the laws some states have against suicide. Easy to pass because nobody is in favor of suicide. Enforcement is difficult.
I get the sentiment, but everyone's not going to quit. That's just not going to happen regardless of whether it's a work action or not. We have committee chairs and higher that hold positions in training and standards despite BK resigning from his check-airman position (when he was still a line pilot). Many of these people are great, but there's a glaring conflict of interest in holding those positions. Over time these conflicts of interest will affect even the best of us.

My point isn't to sling mud. (I'd wear some myself) My point is to say we need to be realistic and determined. We have a pathway forward. We don't need to despair. We need to attack, but we need to attack realistically.

When people despair, the country-club aspects of any organization, including this union prevail over rational voices. Now's the time to fight, even if it means making an enemy or six.