View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 04:34 PM
YANXJTPilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2019
Default Nopenopenope

Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
I’m not sure why this is so hard for folks on here to understand what has been going on here.
1. United knows XJT is top heavy. Close to 900 of 1400 people have been here 5+ years. 700 of 1400 have been here 10+ years. THERE IS NO REASON TO IMPROVE THE QOL. They are squeezing until probably at least half that top group leaves. When it’s at a certain point they are comfortable with they will be willing to grow the airline they will properly pay, or give a flow, or improve QOL.
2. They have given us brand new 175’s and a sim in the last few months. Those things aren’t leaving anytime soon. So the airline will be around for at least another 5-10+ years which compared to other regionals that’s a great position to be in.
3. Subodh seems to be attempting to get the pilot group to question what the union is truly doing behind the scenes creating animosity among the group.
Top heavy for pay? Like the 16 cents per seat per hour for 1 year FO vs 8 year FO?

Or the extra 70 something cents for a yr 18 CA vs year 2?

So for a full plane on a 2 hour trip it costs every pax about $1.72.

#3. I know union guys. I've known many. I don't know Subodh. And the sinking QOL is creating animosity and he's not helping.

It's like the boiling frog scenario: most people have realized that the pot is a whole lot warmer than it used to be.

Do the math on what United is going to make in the next 5 years without growing revenue vs. what they spent on us.

It's nothing. And it would cost next to nothing to fix this place.

As to 'the plan'? Don't know if there isn't one (more likely) or is malicious (less likely.)