View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 08:10 PM
Kuma
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by saywhat View Post
Thanks for the reply.

My SS# last four starts with a 9 so I'm pretty sure I would be bottom of the list for choosing aircraft. I am trying to be realistic about what the job would mean for me....pay rate.....lifestyle, etc. Having said that I am looking at everything with the "worst case scenario." Not that any scenario at HAL would actually be bad for me.

Could anybody give me an idea about Per diem on the 717 fleet? What would be the average Per diem earnings in a month on 717?

How many hours average on a 717 line?
Per diem is $2.00/hour. Most pairings are 8-9 hours long, so between $15 and $20 per work day in per diem. Also, unlike the interstate and international per diem, the inter-island per diem is fully taxable. Expect about $270 per month before taxes.

Lines are adjusted every month, but you can count on around 85 hours per month, unless you tell PBS to award you "min credit", "max credit", or "overschedule". This is a cut and paste from the September bidding package:

717 HNL - Bid lines will be constructed with a minimum of 75 hours, maximum of 90 hours, overschedule will be 100
hours and a threshold of 85 hours. Please see the DRASE computations listed below for reserve requirements.
The awards will be in compliance with Section 21.D.1.d. and e.

So, if you don't ask for anything special, it will keep adding pairings to your line until it reaches the threshold (85 hours) and then it will stop and say "complete"