View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 08:37 AM
SureJetz
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by DoSomePilotStuf View Post
I guess you will need to explain to me what difference that makes to the person hired in 4/14, or the other 93 CAs in IAH hired between the person you are referring to and the most Jr CA.

What you are saying is that the most Jr CA to go straight from right seat at IAH to left seat while remaining at IAH took 12+ years. That person will also have to explain why they bypassed so many upgrade opportunities at any interview they may get at a legacy.

Again, what you see is a disconnect between what matters to a new hire (rapid movement) and what matters to someone who never plans to leave the regionals (when can I upgrade without moving/commuting). The chasm between the two trains of thought is enormous.
Simple. The base trade is an outlier. They got LUCKY in the fact that someone wanted to base trade from Houston to Newark. It's that simple. Nobody advertises upgrade off base trades. That is a trade between them and someone else at the company. It holds no water when it comes time to bid.

The point is that you're grasping at straws to paint your little picture. It's extremely shady.

Bids are what determine upgrade time. Period.