Thread: JSX
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 07:04 AM
skruts
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by grumpydwarf View Post
I see that PHX has opened up. Is that a base that you would be home most nights in? Where does training take place and how long is the training, especially if you are already ATP/ Typed in an EMB.
All the bases have seeming gone back to lots of overnights...at least for now. I personally haven’t seen more than two nights home in a rotation in over a month now. That said, I flew with someone who hasn’t seen an overnight in four months.

Due to the smaller size of Phoenix at this time, I’d assume lots of overnights however I understand they want to grow it quickly and with that I would imagine much more time at home. We still bid universally, not for specific bases, so it makes the staffing of bases fluctuate on a weekly basis. Meaning if the majority of OAK people’s schedules lined up to be off, you can count on a lot of OAK overnights. In fact, either way you can count on a lot of OAK overnights.

Training takes about a month start to finish maybe a little more. I believe It will still be the full initial even if you are typed on the aircraft though this could be wrong.

Last edited by skruts; 09-04-2019 at 07:48 AM.