View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 02:02 PM
ewrbasedpilot
HOSED BY PBS AGAIN

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Hey, congrats on the new job!!! As far as roller bags and flight bags go, you're better off getting good stuff right off the bat. I've seen too many guys get Travel Pro rollerbags, and my opinion of them is that they're worse than junk. They are supposedly the "choice" of airline crews around the world, but within a week or so they are already falling apart. I've seen very few go more than a few months without the zippers giving out, the wheels locking up and making clicking noises or the handles literally falling apart. (You get what you pay for........). My roller bag was made by Andiamo. Yes, it was expensive (around $400) but I've taken it around the world with me and it still works like a champ with nothing being done other than having the wheels replaced. If I send it in for an "overhaul" every 3-4 years, it runs around $75 and they redo the whole bag for you, and have it back to you within 5-10 days. I've been VERY impressed by this company, and my bag STILL looks new even after all these years!! The Purdy Neat bags are nice but on the 737 they barely fit under the jumpseat and are sometimes hard to accomodate. As for flight cases, contact Scott Leather. You get a substantial discount with an airline ID, and their products and support is second to none. They also offer nice Jepp and license holders. Good luck and have fun!!!