View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 06:00 PM
Go Cards go
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by Trip7 View Post
Delta has finally started growing again in the Pacific but the Scope Committee released an update that seemed overly negative with narrowly focused statistics.

They correctly reported the Company was in violation of Section 1 E. 8 over the last rolling 3 month period for US-Japan flying bringing violations to 26. However, that clause is only active because of ONE route Korean flies from Japan to Hawaii. Expecting the company to maintain USA Japan flying as they pull down the Narita Hub and shift to ICN is silly. USA-Korea flying is well above Scope minimums and Combined Korea/Japan-USA is currently above minimums. Will be interesting to see what the Arbitrator rules on Company vs DALPA interpretation of 1E.8

If the Korean NRT-HNL leisure route did not exist 14 scope violations would be gone bringing violations down to 12. Section 1 E.10. (agree to JV before) is another technicality, as is the A 350 factory pilots which brings true violations down to 10 violations, 7 AeroMexico, 3 West jet since 2016. Still too much but not as drastic painted. As Delta grows in the Pacific and to the UK only thing left to nitpick will be the USA-Japan flying as Delta will not return to Narita Hub levels.

IMO, DALPA needs to stop focusing on small technicalities in the Scope language that have no effect on jobs and focus on the big picture. It's what previous administrations did and that led Delta pilots to the top of the industry.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
A violation of our contract is a violation of our contract no matter how technically insignificant you think it is. I cannot pick and choose what parts of the contract I care to comply with and neither should the company. They need to be held accountable (as I’m sure I would be) an honor the contract. There are two parties to a contract and both need to follow it.