Old 09-06-2019, 06:52 AM
flybub
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by sourdough44 View Post
I can see not wanting to move to a temporary location, kids & all.

Do you have a current job now, that you like? Beyond the flight instructing? What about trying to hookup with a nearby University that provides flight instruction? Many seem to be looking for CFIs, even if you didn’t go through their program.

Ballpark age? You really should be racking up flight time now, 50+ hours a month. CFI hours are quality hours.

Nothing wrong with cargo, but cast a wide net. For pilots that wide net also means willing to go where the better job is, within some reason.
Thanks for the input. I'm 38 and after I got my CFI I dropped to working part time as an accountant to focus on flying as much as I could. I'm in a smaller town in Ohio so students have been challenging to pick up within a 50 minute drive. I'm 1.5 hours from Kent State and when I called there about an interview I was told they were only hiring CFI's within their program. Right now I'm averaging around 60 hours a month, but I'm concerned about the lack of students after what I currently have. Thanks again for your help.