Thread: TMC/Wheels UP
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 08:08 AM
LLWS09R
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by ThomasMagnum View Post
You guys do realize the airlines are hiring, right?
Yes... Who do you know at Delta Southwest United American that will pull my application and put it on the top? Trust me there is way more application than there are jobs. There is only a shortage in the regionals market. Short of a brand new FO with 1500 hrs I doubt any one would be foolish enough to leave and work for regionals. A pilot going from confirmed tickets from home to commuting for reserves and crash pads cost and life style. Any bonus would be negated by the cost of just getting to work. That’s why I am not completely saying GAMA a bad place. They do offer older pilots with family at least a happy medium.

A few exceptions to my statement maybe. If you live in base a lateral transfer would no be that hard for a pilot. Or depending on age and family status the flow threw agreement most regionals have may motivate a pilot to suffer 3-9 years. But keep in mind I’ve heard a lot of flow threws are only guaranteed interviews or there is many gotcha hidden rules for the guaranteed job so be careful!