Thread: Skymiles
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 03:20 PM
53x11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

I use the AMEX Platinum. It does have a $550 annual fee but I promise I get 2-3x that back in deals, offers, benefits. I would use it over the other D branded AMEX cards for one reason. If you buy tickets (full price or confirmed for less) you get 5x the points per dollar spent. You can keep them in your AMEX account and use them just like Skymiles or you can transfer them to your Skymiles account. If you choose option 2, you will pay a tax offset fee. With the Platinum, you get a $200 airline credit per year. My wife and kids and I are going to Grand Cayman next spring break and I will but confirmed for less. Take $200 off whatever that price is. You can find some really good deals on Skymiles for points for upgrades and last minute deals. I sent my son to Orlando in July and got him main cabin on RJ’s two legs and 1st class on us to/from MCO. Originally I got him comfort plus, but I got a notification to upgrade both mainline legs for 5,000 points. 43,000 points round trip. That’s a steal.