View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 02:54 PM
smtx123
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
If I was on an interview board and the applicant said he failed 3 times and that the DPE was at fault I would not hire them. My thought would be that this person has poor judgement skills for allowing themselves to be put in this position 3 times. I would also question how this applicant would handle instruction from one of the airline instructors.

I think first you need to acknowledge that you and only you are at fault here. Second, you have hopefully learned something from this situation that will make you the best trainee they could hire. The best Student and eventually Captain is one who can evaluate themselves and not have the ego to not then work hard on those things they are weak in.

Been doing this for a while now. I am always evaluating myself and working to improve deficiencies I uncover.
Second this right here. Just be humble man, talk about how each failure was a learning experience and specifically what you learned, and take responsibility. That is the best possible way to go about explaining it.