View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 06:39 AM
No Land 3
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Palmtree Pilot View Post
Thanks, I but read it when I first heard about it. First off there is a “sufficient” number of crew members on the seniority list, and secondly it says “may operate,” not WILL operate.

What are you, CNN, MSNBC? Why do you keep accusing me of “dark” stuff in what I’m saying, and yet you provide no answers or explanation to counter what I’m saying. Just revert to baseless accusations in any argument. It would be like me accusing you of abusing people without providing any instances or proof to back it up.

I read that as though they had selected certain people from either or both the current 747/767 training cadre to come over to start that program and backfill their positions from the ranks.

Yes, it’s obviously in the contract and legal, but that doesn’t mean everyone has to think that it’s right and like it. In 23 years of working for airlines, I’ve never experienced anything like this. Regionals are hiring street captains because they don’t have enough qualified pilots or bidders for those seats. Since the last contract, K4 has been getting lots of very qualified applicants and had sufficient time to fill these positions internally.
Just a wild assumption on my part, but the one I talked to was flying that specific tail at Emirates, knew all the quirks, the software, etc. He may even of been in the training department over there. I would think the company wanted some one that was intimately familiar with that tail because they wanted the least amount of hiccups getting it on the certificate and also getting ETOPS on board. Not to mention all the stuff they've been doing in YIP, like getting all the flight followers to get their dispatch licenses, new buildings, a corporate restructuring, etc. Seems almost like a no brainer to take onboard a few of their highly experienced CA's to help the process along for 270 days.