View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 07:22 AM
Denny Crane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Kickin’ Back

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Fall of 2020 is the very earliest I see a vote and that’s not even likely. We have closed one section that had any real cost involved. Mediation is mandated in the contract this spring. It can take months to get a mediator assigned and set up a meeting schedule. There are often weeks or even months between mediated sessions.
Well when is the last time it's taken months for a mediator to be assigned to one of our Contract negotiations? I can't remember a time that it hasn't happened fairly quickly.

It seems to me that, with a company as large as we are and as important to the economy, they want to get a resolution as quickly as possible and try to set a fairly aggressive schedule. Now what happens during those first few meetings can set the pace. But initially I think they will get involved fairly quickly.

What happens in the long run could very well be a different story. I hope the Scope arbitrations are decided fairly soon and that the Arbitrator decides in the Unions favor.......heavily. Consistently violating the Contract and doing nothing about it will stand in our favor.

Denny