View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 02:52 PM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by Herkflyr View Post
Ask that question again next time your trip ends at 2330 and you get on the bus at shift change, with 10 pilots, 20 FAs (and their many bags), and about 50 rampers. IF you even get on the first bus (that you waited 15 minutes for). Finally get on the second bus, standing room only, traveling at about 8 mph it is so heavy.

You get the idea. I haven't even mentioned when you start your trip, the double badge check, driving up and down too-tight aisles trying to find a spot, walking 300 yards to the nearest shed (oops! My report is after 1800 and I forgot that all the sheds but the one in the back are locked). Hey there's an A bus pulling up. Maybe I'll make it. Nope, gotta go thru the security trailer and wait 15 more minutes.

Or I can go through Fast Park, covered parking, saves me 15-20 minutes on the drive from home, the shuttle van is often behind my car before I even have gotten our of it! 3 minutes later I'm dropped off at F terminal, KCM is 100 yards away (far shorter hike than domestic) and I'm on the train to my gate about the same time as I MIGHT be walking out of my car at the employee parking lot.

They're usually waiting at the curb when my trip is over, similar quick trip back, drop off right at my car, hey even a little water for me.

Peaceful, serene, saves me 30 minutes minimum going home. Absolutely worth it most of the time.
I live 42 miles from the airport. I used to leave my house 2 hours early here in atlanta to make show with the employee lot. With fast park i cut it down to 1:30 and I never have a problem. Its 30 minutes. On the backside of the trip it's probably more.

Green slips I usually park in daily. My treat to me.