View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Nightflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Crewmember

Originally Posted by RedeyeAV8r
First it sounds like you get your information 2nd or 3rd hand!
Secondly I am not overly thrilled either, but it has been advertised to the membership. It is not like the MEC leadership have been trying to hide it.The communications started approx 6 months ago with negotiation updates, both on the message line and emailed to me. So before you start the ALPA is trying to Hide stuff from us "Black Helicopter" scenario get your sources straight........
It was discussed a Hub turn Meetings both in MEM and IND which I was fortunate enough to be at both as well as LEC meetings in MEM, LAX ANC and SFS.

There are pros and cons in my opinion to using this money to benefit all of us.
Getting retiree healthcare (for all of us) is a big issue and an important one.

Questions to you.
1.Do you get emails from the MEC and your LEC? (If not you should sign up for them on the www.alpa.org
2. When was the last time you attended an LEC meeting? I went to mine in MEM and attended one in ANC as a guest. It was discussed a both meetings openly and candidly.

Hope this clears up any conspiracy theory.
Redeye,

I do get the message line from the MEC and LEC. If you have a copy that discusses the SECOND scope payment, I would like to see it. I have not seen anything discussing the SECOND scope payment. Have you?

I commute, so have not attended an LEC meeting, but I was there at the Peabody, and I am there at every hub turn meeting.

No, it doesn't. My source is reliable, I am confident in that.

Trust, but verify.