View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 10:53 AM
Turbine1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by wjcandee View Post
Well, here we go. Remarkable. According to CargoFacts, the transfer of CMI operation of at least two Amazon-dry-leased 767-300Fs from Atlas to "another provider" has been confirmed by Atlas. It's understood from other information that the provider is ATI.

https://cargofacts.com/allposts/logi...ther-operator/

FWIW, this doesn't necessarily mean that Amazon is per se dissatisfied with Atlas's current performance. Another possibility is that Amazon wanted to significantly-increase the flying tempo of the Atlas-operated fleet, as it has with ABX Air and ATI, and Atlas wasn't able fully to staff the increase in tempo for all 20-ish aircraft because of its difficulty hiring, training and retaining 767 crews.

[thanks to my friend velorouge for bringing the url to my attention]
It’s the first shot across the bow of the AAWH pilot group. Keep resisting another non ratified 60% below industry standard CBA and kiss your jobs goodbye. Interesting this comes two days after Teamsters 1224 filed in district court to vacate the arbitration award. So now the flying will go to ATI the next lowest paid and only non Teamsters airline in the ATSG/AAWH stable. The whipsaw has begun, and it’s about to get real ugly. I expect furloughs next year to ratchet up the pressure some more. Who will blink first, AAWH mgt or Teamsters? Time will tell.