View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 11:13 AM
sopwithCamel
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by Crusoe View Post
Make no mistake about it. Anybody that comes here now is only helping to perpetuate this hot mess. Every warm body they con into showing up to interviews & new-hire classes are only adding leverage to the CEOs incredibly regressive actions. There are several thousand pilots & their families that would really appreciate it if you’d take your talents elsewhere - until such time that this management has a real change of heart regarding the royal screwing of their pilots they are so hell bent on pursuing.
I saw your justification a page or so later - For The Good of Pilots Everywhere, essentially - but this just screams ‘this is really all about me’ to me.
Some of you guys make it sound like pilots can just go to the ‘Universal Airline Pilot Hiring Page’ dropdown, and just select the airline you want to work for and bang, you’re hired! Just be sure you don’t pick Atlas/Southern because that will screw up our current negotiations.
Sorry but the ‘pilot shortage’ never materialized so strongly. I’d love for you - and new hires like me potentially - to get maximum pay, but some pilots don’t have that many options. And making exceptions for furloughed pilots living out of their cars and eating ramen noodles does not make you seem less selfish. Me not accepting a job with AAWH I doubt would have much affect on any negotiations.