View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 12:16 PM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by sopwithCamel View Post
I saw your justification a page or so later - For The Good of Pilots Everywhere, essentially - but this just screams ‘this is really all about me’ to me.
Some of you guys make it sound like pilots can just go to the ‘Universal Airline Pilot Hiring Page’ dropdown, and just select the airline you want to work for and bang, you’re hired! Just be sure you don’t pick Atlas/Southern because that will screw up our current negotiations.
Sorry but the ‘pilot shortage’ never materialized so strongly. I’d love for you - and new hires like me potentially - to get maximum pay, but some pilots don’t have that many options. And making exceptions for furloughed pilots living out of their cars and eating ramen noodles does not make you seem less selfish. Me not accepting a job with AAWH I doubt would have much affect on any negotiations.
Be careful. I get it that there are certain resumes that make sense to take a job at Atlas, but those resumes are few and far between. I get it that you're an adult but unless you have 1000 PIC and a degree I'd avoid it like the plague. You will spend years there... Maybe decades.