View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 01:11 PM
nitefr8dog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by wjcandee View Post
Well, I certainly don't have access to those numbers, and I respect you, so I stand corrected. I have a feeling it depends upon whether the day/night transition rules are implicated on a particular route, because I know how many extra pilots it takes at that point, but that the overall number is lower is interesting.

So I should correct my analysis to the following:

Amazon has added 8 aircraft this year at the most-expensive of the three carriers for it to use, and upped the tempo of the 14 aircraft that were already there, apparently because that carrier can staff the additional work, has labor peace, and is operating reliably.

Similarly, it has added routes and increased tempo at the carrier that, although it does not have labor peace, has extra capacity in planes and pilots and a proud and experienced pilot group that gets the job done despite the toxic labor relations there.

In short, Amazon seems to be rewarding performance and capability rather than playing some Machiavellian game.
Agreed...according to Hete ABX has the highest on time/dispatch reliability of all the AMZ carriers..go figure. Still a great company.....just run by idiots. Still have people showing up for class although they are small ones. Did just hire 14 Go Jet guys though..