View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 07:30 PM
Valiant
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018

Originally Posted by viper548 View Post
A lot of places only schedule one lesson at a time. That's probably the case, and they'll schedule lesson 2 when you finish lesson 1.
I'd recommend the King course. There's a course for the private pilot written exam and another for the practical test. I'd recommend both. If you're planning on getting all of your ratings they have a package to get all of the courses. I think I paid 700 or so for my daughter. I'd suggest you get through several videos before taking lessons. The airplane makes for a pretty horrible classroom. Things go smoother if have a lot of the ground portion taken care of before flying.
Thanks Viper. Appreciate the feedback. So if Im only gonna fly 2-3 times a week how do I practice those skills throughout the rest of the week??

Also from your post it seems that I should focus alot more on ground school and drill that info in my mind. Then use that to prepare me for lessons in the airplane??

Does flight training work like Driving School where they dont really teach much until you get a learner's permit??
Does FAA have a DMV equivalent of rules of the road??

Im buzzing with questions but like I said I'm VERY new.
Cheers