View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 07:52 PM
tm602
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: Just a pilot

Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
Thanks Viper. Appreciate the feedback. So if Im only gonna fly 2-3 times a week how do I practice those skills throughout the rest of the week??
At this early stage, there's not too much to worry about with the off-time practice. There will be time for that later when it gets more involved.

Also from your post it seems that I should focus alot more on ground school and drill that info in my mind. Then use that to prepare me for lessons in the airplane??
Get the POH (Pilot's operating Handbook) for the plane and study it. For ground school, video courses help, but don't worry about "drilling" anything yet. Training is supposed to be fun. If it s not, either you or your CFI are doing it wrong.

Does flight training work like Driving School where they dont really teach much until you get a learner's permit??
No, you'll be learning things very lesson. You won't be landing for a while but there is something every lesson.

Does FAA have a DMV equivalent of rules of the road??
Get an FAR AIM (Federal Aviation Regulations and Airman's Information Manual). BUT don't get an old one from 2018 or older. Don't. You can download it from the FAA website free, but I like to keep a written one myself. As a Private Pilot, you'll need to focus on FAR Parts 61 and 91.

Im buzzing with questions but like I said I'm VERY new.
Cheers
Ask away, we're all glad to help.

Answers in red above.