Thread: Becoming United
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 02:35 PM
LeeFXDWG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B737 CAPT IAH

Originally Posted by Dave Fitzgerald View Post
Yes, unfortunately, Larry is a real piece of work.

His latest, with the runway construction in SFO, he won't grant positive space commuter passes during a major disruption event at SFO. Something the other domiciles do all the time. No idea why.
Dave

Not a comment on that particular CPO but the “other domiciles do it all the time” part.

There are definitely IRROPS situations where PS authority is advertised on CCS home page. All good there.

There are times when a pilot follows the prudent commuter policy and informs CM his first flight left and next doesn’t look good. CM looks at coverage and decides to PS pilot.....all good there. And trust me the line scheduler didn’t say yes to that. It was the on duty CM manager. You can’t talk to them if you want to. They manage the fleet CM supervisor.

For your scenario, nothing is in the UPA. Such individual action isn’t CPO level either. That would be higher up in both the company and union to give a blanket PS to any commuter because of the RWY closures.

Hell, IAH has a RWY closed, does that go for them too?

Not trying to be a jerk, but I discount your assertion. I CAN TELL YOU this issue was discussed at the higher levels. Decision was, company understands but commuters should just follow policy. Status quo.

Have your two scheduled options, advise CM of issues, rinse and repeat.

Lee