Thread: SSSS
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 10:52 AM
flensr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by AYLflyer View Post
yeah, no thanks. You don't have to raise your voice or act like a tough guy with the agent, but 'shut up, get in line' is not something many of us are just going to put up with.

It's an absolutely BS policy, and if we all just 'shut up and got in line' when they changed the rule a few weeks back about no more using KCM in plain clothes, we wouldn't have gotten that privilege back so quickly.

The idea that a crew member who just finished flying/operating an aircraft all day and ends with a DH or even a JS home has to exit security and be rescreened is absolutely asinine.
Oh I agree too. But reality doesn't give a damn about what you or I think. Elevating a "routine" security check (even something as stupid as a pilot getting redirected to a maximum screening procedure) to a supervisor in the airport is a great way to get detained and/or have your privileges revoked, because by their definition they're simply following procedures and interrupting them to talk to a supervisor is interfering. Self-licking ice cream cone, right there.

I talked to a guy who got detained for writing down a TSA badge number for reference for a later complaint. He didn't even hold up the process, just started writing down the badge number. Detained for about 3 hours, threatened with jail time, denied any opportunity to call a lawyer. He obviously missed his flight and in the follow-up complaint process he was told that TSA acted in accordance with procedure.

Don't like it? Don't object while on airport property. Write your congressman instead. Just realize that the last time congress said ONE WORD about airport security was a few years back when someone in TSA dared to suggest that pen-knife blades under an inch long were probably not a realistic threat so they shouldn't waste time/money screening for non-threat items. The public backlash to that common sense proposal was so intense that congress doubled down on the TSA idiocy overnight.

With that context in mind, do you really think anyone (except us of course) gives 2 shxts about a pilot missing his commute because of a stupidly unnecessary and idiotic extra screening?