View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 11:17 AM
Boats and Hos
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Default It’s sad really

We might just get ComAired or Expressjetted or Compassed or Gojetted. The D has a way of being nasty when the step children start misbehaving.

I’m torn again about this but will comply with Alpa’s directive. I was thinking if we ALL wore our hats but that would be more difficult. The lanyards work believe it or not as it show’s solidarity for a specific purpose.

The saddess part is the continued false promises and the BBQ Q&As. In addition, the survey. They seem to just be ignoring us and our pleas but, food, hats and mugs will appease us. Most come here for the chance to play for the Yankees. The Oakland A’s or L.A. Dodgers are good teams too so instead of waiting for the pinstripes, off they will go. This is the part that makes no sense. You’d think like the Yankees they’d have a good farm team to draw from but they created another farm team while we sit thinking we have a chance. Keep swinging that bat and getting on base and MAYBE you’ll be in pinstripes someday. It gets depressing after awhile. I wonder how long Jeter would have stayed. Sorry for the baseball analogy but it’s the closest thing I know.

What I see is a new company (name) but the same old regional mentality. All the wholly owned AA companies even adapted. Not saying it’s better but again, the Yankee thing. Do your time and you will get pinstripes. Here, you have to prove your worth all over again even though after years of IROPS, PA’s, NPS scores, Airport reserve and slogging it out in D colored jets, with D passengers, you’re just not good enough or prove it, which only few apparently can. Funny thing is if you don’t make it through you go right back to flying the D brand. It’s a poor message.

The D has to choose to adapt in the new world we are told we live in. Pilot’s never really inner acted with passengers but we do now. So we sell the brand we then should be included in the brand. Otherwise just make everything Skywest. If they gave us a flow or staple you can bet the Sky people would be upset and they would have the right to be.

In closing, if Piedmont, Envoy and PSA can have a flow, that works and doesn’t seem to have any drama, why can’t we, Republic and Skywest???