View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 05:16 AM
jcullen4
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by chermansen View Post
Good afternoon, I'm really trying to weigh options... skywest CRJ classes are available a lot sooner than ERJ... However, I live in the Northwest and ERJ bases are are closer. I will be commuting either way but everyday waiting on a class is seniority lost. I also have a family and would like to see them. I'd like some input if anyone has some. I get there are is a lot of give and take but with those in mind I am thinking of a sooner CRJ class. Thanks in advance.
Depends what you're doing currently. I.e., do you have a job that you can continue to work until an ERJ class date. Frankly, I'd go ERJ if I was anywhere west of SLC at this point, especially if you're in the Northwest. If you go CRJ, you'll probably wanna be DTW, ORD, MSP, maybe DEN, if you want to fly and not ever get called on reserve in places like SFO, COS, FAT--at least from what I've been told; someone might disagree. In DTW and ORD, you could get a line fast. I don't know about the ERJ, but with the new Delta stuff, seems like SEA is blowing up (relatively) and could be a good spot for new ERJ guys soon.

Seems like out of ERJ training you could get a west coast base, or ORD at the very least for a month or two, but that being said, I'm not in the ERJ training dept, so I really don't know for sure, just observations. Good luck!

Last edited by jcullen4; 09-20-2019 at 05:21 AM. Reason: added info