View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 01:06 AM
FTv3
Social Media retired.

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by Hellafo View Post
Wow why would anyone do that?
A couple of guys who were doing Asia contract work reported they just wanted to be close to home (no commute) and have a decent paycheck for a few years. Not sure but I assume MGT track peeps don’t have a first year minimum wage pay scheme...? I’ve also met a couple who were oblivious to the industry and jobs available, just having stumbled on the UPS FQS opportunity and took it.

Other guys buy into the sales pitch of being a “manager,” and “training captain” - they are quickly disillusioned and I know of two that have left after a year or so once reality became apparent. I would wager a lot of guys get charmed into the job by this path.

I assume a few see it as an easy shortcut to wide body captain pay and status (really a C scale comparatively) and don’t really care about undermining union members/the profession. There are a couple of them who walk around and think that their ship don’t stink. It’s probably a mix of all of these reasons and more for most guys. Telling that none of them ever come in here and post how awesome the job is...