View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 09:19 AM
pitchattitude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by CLE to IAH View Post
Thanks for the info. 145 ORD was my best guess but I’m too new to know for sure. They told me in my interview, you’re likely to have a nice long stint on the 145 in NYC. they certainly didn’t try to hide it. I’m already typed on the 145 so that’s at least helpful. I’m not a complainer. If I get 145 ORD, that is ok by me. At least we have movement. It may be a year. It may be two or more but eventually I’ll get Dallas back. I’m happy to earn my spot.

I just want to make sure I work my bid correctly enough that I’m not hurting myself on accident with improper bidding. DECS is certainly an adjustment.

Either way, my line of questioning in this thread was only “hey, can I plan on upgrading?” Which is why I left XJT.

I would guess that I am and that is good news for now.

Thanks again!
You want to make sure you only have a 3D and leave your 3P blank. If you preference you lose out on the extra five hours pay for 24 months if you choose to accept the training lock. That won’t affect a preference back to DFW at the earliest point you can hold it. And while you might be able to get a 175 in DFW slightly before that, it won’t be as a line holder. Take the extra money and then bid back to the 175 when your lock expires and can hold a line on the 175 in DFW.

The junior DFW 175 line holder is at about three years seniority. That might slide up or down as Envoy gets more 175s. As has been pointed out, there are quite a few lifers there. But if 145 lines decrease, that will influence what others between you and a line choose to do. Obviously there are a lot of changes that can happen in that amount of time.