Thread: Morale = $
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 04:30 AM
FredEx
Deliverin' The Goods

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757 FO

Originally Posted by CI9994ME View Post
If the "violet letter" just put out by management comes to fruition in the form of BLG/RLG rollbacks, potential furloughs, and most certainly severely stagnated growth, has the company considered the financial hit from destroyed morale?

Don't think it won't happen, it's just that they are not accounting for it.

Anybody care to list the ways that this could end up costing far more than is expected? There are myriad ways that this could rear it's ugly head.
No offense, boss, but you don't have a lot of experience with the airline biz, do ya? That's no slight towards you personally, just an observation; I wish I had a whole lot less (bad) experience in this industry than I do.

How do you think I feel after finishing my third year of probation in my life to see an FCIF from PC with the words "FedEx" and "furlough" in it?

As far as a metric used for measuring morale, this ain't the military. The colonel isn't going to visit you and ask if your morale is high or low. The colonel is this case doesn't give a damn. It's all about the bottom line and mgt doen't care if you're happy. It's a job, man: just fly, pick up your check, and go home.

Ask your bros at AA, UAL, DAL, US, and NWA if low morale has cost their company money. Then ask them if their mgt cares.