Old 09-25-2019, 02:58 PM
SaltyDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Leftof longitudinal

Originally Posted by midnightshuttle View Post
Exactly what I thought someone would say.

They’re expecting a tough road in 2020 15-20% hit. Plus earlier this year their fiscal 4th qtr was a loss of 1.97B (thats with a B)

Breaking from AMZ was a good move, one that UPS cant sustain. I just wouldn’t be on they bottom on their seniority list for the next couple years. Actually as for as that goes I probably wouldn’t do brown either.

Amazon is going to hit this market HARD over the next 5yrs and it will he done with ACMI and contract labor on the ground and in the air. Unless something changes I just dont see any silver lining.

Curious on statement "UPS cant sustain". Sustain shipping low yield net Amazon volume? The low profit volume?
FedEx works on higher yield volume as is their market, same for UPS. Business to business, pharmaceuticals, customs express shipment internationally. Is Amazon taking over those high yield lanes to Asia and Europe soon? Maybe they will take over the US long term, but doubtful China and India will allow Amazon in their markets as they do in North America. UPS, FedEx and DHL premium markets will survive IMO.