View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 07:00 PM
CADR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by Flyinguy View Post
You are either a recruiter, management, drinking the kool-aid, or made an honest mistake, but let me correct that for you.

PAY-SCALES are pretty equal across the board.

PAY, is nowhere near close to equal. If you ended up working 11 days off at the other WO, you would take home 25% more (if not more). Their soft pay rules and block times are way better than PDT.

The only reason anyone should maybe (and I emphasize maybe) joining PDT at this time is if they live in PHL. Or if they can’t get hired anywhere else.
Honest mistake, I clearly meant the hourly credit pay rates are all roughly in the same ballpark these days.

If you are talking total compensation and essentially working fewer days at other regionals and making the same as PDT pilots who clearly work more days then yes I 100% agree with you. PDT is definitely not up to date with the times in terms of schedules and line credit that every other regional has. It is party due to the type of flying PDT operates and the other part is due to management mentality of "If it ain't broke don't fix it" status quo they seem to have with everything. Believe me, I find it annoying that I have friends at Skywst / Republic / PSA / Endeavor that get 18 days off /month and credit 85 hours, and here we are at PDT with 11 days off and 75 hours of credit - it is disgraceful.

PDT pilots are working under a union contract that is 6 years old (I think?) and in desperate need of an update. The contract does not favor pilots, it clearly leans more toward the company - Look at the recent IT issue at SBY and extensions and mayhem that resulted in, not to mention, the union email that was a huge "Sorry, nothing we can do about it" to the pilot group.

I'm on your side. If you read the rest of my previous post you should get a sense of where I stand on things.

Last edited by CADR; 09-25-2019 at 07:11 PM.