View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 01:34 PM
Aquaticus
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by Belka View Post
Hey guys. Just want to see if anybody has experience with a similar situation or somebody knowledgeable enough about airline HR to answer my question.
Can a person pass an airline background check that will show a "deferred judgement" entry ? from my understanding when you look at background results it shows as case still being open and person being guilty, but not convicted (Which make no sense). It was a divorce situation, No drugs or alcohol involved no jail no probation, but the charge qualifies as a felony. Asking for a Friend.
Thanks guys!

I know you aren't saying that you are trying to hide anything but honesty is your number one priority here. It is my understanding that a deferred judgement is a situation where you plead guilty until a period of time or agreement with the prosecutor is fulfilled and then the case is dismissed. Was this case ever officially dismissed? What question is the airline you are applying for actually asking? "have you plead guilty to a felony charge?" or "were you ever convicted of a felony crime". I would find out about your Canada travel restrictions. Even some of our very common misdemeanors are felonies up there and will cause all kinds of issues for you.

You can always pull your record or hire an attorney to get this behind you as much as you can. Good luck.