Thread: Furlough
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 04:21 PM
EGGMAN

Default Furlough

A) Stop the F.U.D (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) campaigns.

B) The company would love to furlough

C) The company can't furlough

a) We need to relax, take a deep breath and realize were in control. We have the ability to stop this airline from moving 90% of the frieght and the remaing that would be shipped air/ground would be unreliable and bad imaged.

b) The company doesn't care one bit about the pilots but does care about the bottom line. They WILL come to us and threaten furloughs, promise displacements, and ask for reductions.

c) We NEED to hold strong, belive in our union leadership and our new leadership that they will hold strong to our contract and not give a company that makes millions upon millions of dollars a quarter any concessions.

The company MAY have an influx of 150 pilots (age 60). The company MAY be overmanned. The company MAY want to reduce BLG.

However,

The company is retiring two three man a/c and accepting two man a/c. (WOW, MANY THINK THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD...not so. How many of these s/o's are over 63 and will never see the front seat? how many will be gone once the 10/27 is gone forever? Does the company want to train every one of these "150" that will be able to have a nice resource of sick/vacation and then have the possible need to retrain them as a s/o for a few years while the 72 is in the finish stages? The 72 will most likely be gone in 3 years and that will make it a mute issue along with a wash of over 65 guys.

The company needs to fill the FDAs, if they fill them with new hires then our seniority/juniority is protected because the union (Hopefully) will NOT let them furlough out of seniority. Its already written that they can't displace to a FDA (wow, our union actually did something right, we need to make sure they don't give it up).

FDA's, the "150" (note the use of quotes, remember everything takes longer here at Fed) when their looking at places to bid, some WILL bid these as captains (high five...capt w/b in HKG for a couple years ....retirment job...lets check out CDG for 2)
YOU MUST KEEP IN MIND BECAUSE ITS AGE 65 DOESN'T MEAN THEY HAVE TO STAY UNTIL THEN!!!(right now)

The company could be overmanned in certain seats. I'll be the first to admit that I have been "nicely not used as reserve, as one who normally doesn't bid reserve". BUT the company is not completly over manned as there is still a shortage at some bases and unfiled FDA's. This COULD BE EASILY CORRECTED BY PEOPLE WHO ARE SICK USE SICK TIME. THOSE WHO HAVE VACATION USE IT, NOT SELL IT BACK. WERE OUR OWN WORST ENEMIES. Use your sick time for what its there for, don't go if you have a sinus infection! Our first priority is safety and we can't be safe if we fly sick.

I'll ramble on later, but dont' trust the f.u.d, hold strong, and fly safe.

AerisArmis - please correct my grammer and spelling as I don't spend too much time in the Websters. (nor do I care, I think my point is made)

goo goo g'joob.