View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 07:26 PM
YANXJTPilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by DoSomePilotStuf View Post
I don’t think we will get a flow. What is the primary purpose of the CPP from United’s perspective?

1. To keep the regional feed staffed. This is the primary goal. The carrot on the stick. It will still be a gimmick to some degree. At the end of the day the primary purpose of the program is marketing the regionals to potential new hires.

2. To assist them in meeting their hiring needs. In the hiring environment of the next 2-3 years it is likely that United will have to become a little less selective. For the next year or two they are likely to continue to require a degree but as the pool of applicants without one grows they will have to back off of that.

What United has to do is a better job of marrying the 2 goals. The previous CPP became nothing but a marketing tool because they hired so few from the CPP and continued to hire primarily off the street. It got so bad that it lost all of its credibility as a recruiting tool. Thus the current need to revamp. It’s not meeting goal #1.

Will United find the right balance this time? We will see. I have my sincere doubts. It will sound good at first but as things play out it will become apparent that goal #2 isn’t really a goal at all. United will not show any preference whatsoever to CPP applicants vs. OTS applicants. The value as a recruiting tool will be good at first then lose credibility again as it becomes apparent it is just another facade. Then it will be time for a new revamp.

I hope I am wrong.
Note: Maybe this isn't Subodh?!

I agree. It is a delay tactic, won't be that great, they will announce a revamp...wash, rinse, repeat.