View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 09:54 AM
Cicada
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by PRS Guitars View Post
OP,

Just take these answers through a filter. Most AA folks on here are going to be somewhat negative. And yes, as it sits currently, it’s not as good of a company as Delta, profit sharing is far less, and upgrade times are longer. With that said, it is a good job, and we have great pilots to work with. You won’t spend a 4 day trip wallowing in negativity like APZc might lead you to believe.

CLT will take about 2 years to hold, but that could go down (that’s a drop in the bucket). In the meantime, you won’t be stuck in LAX. If you get that as your first assignment, you’ll be able to switch to LGA (likely before IOE is completed).

Seniority wise, looks like you’d be 50% up the total list in about 9 years, conservatively able to hold wide body CA for your last 15 years. Of course, that could all change with another merger, or won’t matter if they go out of business, but thought I’d show you (based on a 32 year old hired in late July).

I think GSO ATL would not be a bad commute though either, and are you pretty committed to living in that area? I know we’ve changed our minds on where to live several times. It’s easy to move with young kids. Not so much once they hit middle school.
There is no denying the retirement numbers at AA. I simply feel Doug Parker is running this place into the earth. That, compounded by a recession, could spell some serious pain.
Being so close to ATL says I would pick Delta, as they seriously have their act together operationally and financially. And for the most part, have historically had a board that insists on good leadership . AA- not so much. Many, many ineffective leaders.

Would one of you Delta guys PLEASE give us your profit share numbers so he can see how good that is? And an estimate of what a 777 pilot is pulling in profit sharing.
Thank you!