View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 04:08 PM
Ar Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2010

Originally Posted by Cicada View Post
There is no denying the retirement numbers at AA. I simply feel Doug Parker is running this place into the earth. That, compounded by a recession, could spell some serious pain.
Being so close to ATL says I would pick Delta, as they seriously have their act together operationally and financially. And for the most part, have historically had a board that insists on good leadership . AA- not so much. Many, many ineffective leaders.

Would one of you Delta guys PLEASE give us your profit share numbers so he can see how good that is? And an estimate of what a 777 pilot is pulling in profit sharing.
Thank you!
I was a 1st/2nd year narrowbody FO last year. Our 14% profit sharing was about a $19k pay out for me. Not surprised if WB captains got in the $60-70k range.

That being said... If you just bid a schedule, fly it and go home. Any of the big 3 will be fairly comparable in QOL/pay. Unless you wanted to live a couple hour drive from ATL, AA would make sense for the CLT base.

Some factors to consider being the size of aircraft in a base. Although this is fluid and changes over time. Being in a base that offers a top paying category will be more lucrative over time than a base that doesn't.